Rules of the Contest
- Individuals or teams may enter. Teams are encouraged!
- The Party Host’s machine may not win the contest. 🙂
- Party guests may be drafted as judges by the Party Host.
- Contestants may spend as much time as they like building and testing their machine prior to the contest start time (TBA)
- Contestants must use the materials on hand to construct their improvised machine
- Contestants may not work from any pre-made plans or diagrams
- Machines must have at least 4 steps or stages to the process.
- Contestants may make up to 3 attempts for their machine to succeed.
- In general, preference will be given to machines that actually perform a task.
ALL MACHINES MUST FUNCTION SUCCESSFULLY AT LEAST ONCE BEFORE AN AUDIENCE IN ORDER TO QUALIFY.
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Most Impressive Yard-sized Machine
- Most Impressive Tabletop Machine
- People’s Choice