In 2020, we pooled some family resources to purchase a 10-acre property just south of Elma, Washington. Situated at the end of a rural road and surrounded by State DNR forest land, this small farm comprises level and sloping pastures, a large barn, and a small horse arena. Within five years, we plan to establish a carbon neutral micro farm that produces not only food, but most or all of its own electricity via solar and wind generation. There is a two-story house with a separate guest suite, and my father’s new house next door is nearing the end of construction.
Hesselridge Farm is ideal for large-ish outdoor gatherings, and the house has a large covered upper deck and plenty of room for guests in inclement weather. For our upcoming party, we’ll have lots of options:
- Free booze! We will provide copious amounts of decent beer and wine. We also have a fairly well stocked bar.
- Beyond BBQ–our meatless grill will be serving up plenty of burgers, dogs, and brats!
- Meatless Potluck–we ask that you bring a meatless snack or side dish to share. Please be sure to bring an ingredients list for those who may have food sensitivities.
- Yard Games (cornhole, bocce, etc.)
- Disc Golf–we have four disc golf targets on the property that we can move around and set up a mini-course!
- Great camping spots, for those who want to pitch a tent
- Fire pit–should things last into the wee hours
- Plenty of indoor crash space
- Forest trail hikes right behind the house
- Drum circle, anyone? It’s pretty remote out here…. We have drums!
- Lots of musical instruments lying around
- Rocking chairs and nice views
Check out the map for help with directions…