Our Rural Refuge
In 2020, we pooled some family resources to purchase a 10-acre property just south of Elma, Washington. Situated at the end of a rural road and surrounded by State DNR forest land, this small farm boasts level and sloping pastures, a large barn, and a small horse arena. We are working towards a carbon neutral micro farm that produces not only food, but most or all of its own electricity via solar and wind generation. There is a two-story house with a separate guest suite, and my father’s new house next door was finished in early 2023.
Hesselridge Farm is ideal for largeish outdoor get togethers. In inclement weather, the barn makes a great gathering space, and the house has a large covered upper deck with views of the mountains and plenty of room for socializing.
We also have . . .
- Yard Games (cornhole, bocce, etc.)
- Disc Golf–we have four disc golf targets on the property that we can move around and set up a mini-course!
- Great camping spots, for those who want to pitch a tent
- Fire pit–should things last into the wee hours
- Plenty of indoor crash space
- Forest trail hikes right behind the house
- Drum circle, anyone? It’s pretty remote out here…. We have drums!
- Lots of musical instruments lying around
- Rocking chairs and nice views
We hope you can join us at one of our parties, or perhaps for dinner or a game night!
Check out the map for help with directions…